A message to the HealthySteps national network from National Director Dr. Rahil Briggs:
We know you have received plenty of information on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We understand the concern and uncertainty you, and the families you work with may be experiencing. The families HealthySteps serves have fewer resources and will feel the crunch of deciding between work, child care and taking sick time, sometimes in the risk of one’s job. We anticipate the next few months will be challenging for many.
The HealthySteps family is strong and wide-reaching and there are many ways to support each other and our communities:
1) Monitor our COVID-19 webpage. We will let you know if we become aware of policies put in place specifically for HealthySteps Specialists in their institutions should you wish to share those with your employer or institution in the event they may be helpful.
2) Connect to share resources, offer support and share your experiences as we all navigate this complex and ever-changing crisis.
- Share on the exclusive group HealthySteps Connect
- ZERO TO THREE members can post to Member Connect to engage with the broader early childhood community
3) Download and share free, publicly available resources to help families and anyone else who needs them, from ZERO TO THREE and others:
- Answering Your Young Child’s Questions About Coronavirus
- Supporting Young Children Isolated Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- At-Home Activity Guide
- Parenting During COVID-19
- Five Tips to Make the Most of Video Chats
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- Why are people wearing masks? Why are people covering their faces?
- Mindfulness Toolkit for Early Childhood Organizations
- Video: How to show young children why using soap is important
4) Sign ZERO TO THREE’s petition calling for comprehensive and structurally sound policies that center on care and well-being—like paid family medical leave and access to affordable child care—that will help build a critical foundation, in times of crises and otherwise, for families across the country.
We hope you and your loved ones are healthy and well. HealthySteps and ZERO TO THREE will continue to share resources to enhance your work with children and families and support the important work you do every day.
Take good care,
Rahil Briggs, PsyD
HealthySteps National Director
ZERO TO THREE