Our From Tiny to Toddler series guides HealthySteps Specialists through each well-child visit. You will learn the discrete knowledge, skills, and resources appropriate for use during each of the 12 well-child visits scheduled for babies: newborn through 36 months. You can take the modules in any order and earn Continuing Education Units.
What does each module include?
- Building the Relationship: tips for building a trusting, supportive relationship with caregivers
- Typical Development: developmental milestones and characteristics at this age; tips for supporting development
- Video Observations: two brief videos to practice observational skills and recognize many key developmental milestones
- Anticipatory Guidance: topics that are particularly relevant for caregivers of children at this age
- What the Caregiver Brings: circumstances that impact parenting, including caregivers’ mental health and social determinants of health
- Gathering Information: recommended screenings and observations of the child and caregiver-child dyad for each visit
Who should take the course?
The course is available to all HealthySteps Specialists, Physician Champions, and program managers. If you are a HealthySteps affiliate and would like another member of your team (residents, nurses, other physicians, etc.) to take the course, please email Quinn Kaiser to request access.
Are there any technical requirements?
Our platform is designed to work on any device, but for the best experience, we recommend using a computer with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.