HealthySteps has demonstrated positive outcomes for children, their families, and the physicians and practices who serve them.
Children who participate in HealthySteps are more likely to attend well-child visits on time and to receive timely vaccines and screenings.
Parent participants are more likely to:
- receive information on community resources and services
- provide infants with age-appropriate nutrition
- adhere to child safety guidelines
- use positive parenting strategies
- engage in early literacy-enhancing practices with their children
HealthySteps parents also report higher levels of satisfaction with their pediatric care than non-participating parents.
Also, HealthySteps has enhanced the experiences of providers. Physicians report that the model fosters a team-based approach to care and enhances their ability to meet the needs of children and families.
Visit the resources below for more information about the evidence base supporting HealthySteps.