HealthySteps improves child and parent well-being.
We believe you are the true expert on your children. As your child’s first and most important teacher, you lay the foundation for all later brain growth and development. There is no “one-size-fits-all” approach to raising children. The HealthySteps resources help you as you learn to support and guide your child in their first three years and beyond.
HealthySteps age-based handouts are free and available for download. The “what to expect” chart for your baby covers each developmental phase along with the well-child visit schedule and includes frequently asked questions, and information about common parenting challenges for each age and stage.
For additional information browse these parenting resources:
- Guidance for managing challenging behaviors
- How to manage screen time for your child
- The American Academy of Pediatrics’ parenting site
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Milestones in Action and Milestone Moments offer developmental milestones and ways to support your baby’s growth and development at each age.
- How parents can have unrealistic expectations
What’s Up: Age-based Resources for Parents
Check out our What’s Up developmental newsletters, written with parents of infants and toddlers in mind. Each age-based overview includes what to expect, Q&As, and tips for supporting development from birth to age three years.
Addressing Your Own Needs